With the prow cutting through the waves like a hot knife through butter, the frigate was a dominating presence on the seas.
- (version 5.1) Small interior deck piece ‘Printable-Ship-deck-back-A-v4’ has been scaled to match.
- (version 5.2) Fixed scaling on deck.
- (version 5.3) Deck piece Ship-deck-back-B-v2 now in both folders.
- 29 June 2017 (version 5.4) Small mesh repairs to Ship-big-back-v1.0, Printable-Ship-deck-middle-A-v1.0, Ship-canon-A-v1.0, Ship-canon-B-v1.0, Ship-wheel-A-v1.0, Ship-wheel-B-v1.0.
- 2nd March 2018 (version 5.5) Ship-big-front-v1.1 part placed to Zero origin.
- 24 September 2018 (version 6.0) Updated Frigate to include to an easy to print version. Requires 6’X6′ print bed.
- 11 October 2018 (version 6.1) Block and Tackle added for customers who have printed the original version.
- 12 October 2018 (version 6.2) Now includes the Mk2 version of the Decks and Wake for customers who have requested this.
- This model is suitable for those who have some 3D printing experience. If you are new to 3D Printing you should print some of our other models first. Print with 20% infill at .2 micron.
- There are 3 options. These are located in 3 separate folders within the zip file.
- Large parts. This requires a 145 high and 120 wide print area.
- Small parts. These are to be printed on a 100mm print bed.
- Solid option. This will print as a solid object and requires supports touching build plate.
- Ship-Big-Deck-middle.stl is 200mm wide so you can print the small options printable-ship-deck-middle-A, B, C, D instead.
- Please ask questions. [email protected] if you get stuck and I will also update these notes.
- The small solid option is simple to print and prints as a standalone model.
- The deck sections are curved and will need supports.
- Most of this model will print without supports. The bow section and some of the ‘options’ are the only parts that require, Supports Touching Build plate.
- I recommend you check each piece and look to see if you need supports, this often depends on your printer settings. A slow print speed will cause stringing and will need supports. The decks need supports but the underside is not visible when it’s assembled, the support material remains can’t be seen. Also, under the bow needs supports if you print at a slow speed.
- Right-click on the image below and “Save As” to download the reference sheet for this pack.
- Product measurements can be found in the image gallery.
Small version Reference