Cart (0)

Templates in different format than .stl

Tagged: 

• Author
      oimonline
      Participant

Hi! Is it possible to get the templates in a different format than stl. It’s probably good for Blender and similar apps but not for “parametric” systems like Fusion 360, etc. So, we can build even more cool staff compatible with OpenLOCK. 🙂

Matt Barker
      Keymaster

The short answer is yes, we will provide those soon. At the moment one of our designers is working with the team from Architects of Destruction to make the Templates for the injection molded Rampage Dungeons. Out of that will come the STEP files for the main templates which will be volume based objects as opposed to mesh based.

oimonline
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. Sounds great, looking forward. 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by oimonline.
      hakan
      Participant

Just posting to “follow” as I can’t find another way to be notified of thead changes.

Ben Mowbray (2nd Dynasty)
      Participant

+1 to this. I spend a lot of time removing edges to get quads on the models.

hakan
      Participant

Has there been any progress on this topic? I would love to have at least the basic 1″ floor element in Fusion 360 🙂

nicholascaldwell
      Participant

+1. But you say Blender can read these? Could Blender read the file and then output a step file? I’m willing to do the work; just don’t know anything about Blender.

hakan
      Participant

So, any progress since April? I’d really really love to have the tile templates available in Fusion 🙂

Matt
      Participant

We’re looking at doing an update to the tessellation templates after we’ve done the roof system.

Tensitz
      Participant

hey, any update about this topic? I really want to start making something cool with the templates, but stl format is not a friendly format to do things inside zbrush….

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Hey guys! we have updated the Teselation templates to include an updated refrence sheet and the new roof sections. you can find it here: https://www.printablescenery.com/product/open-lock/

hakan
      Participant

Reviving this thread once again 🙂

Maybe you guys could even include the hexagonal tiles?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘OpenLOCK Creators and Designers’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey