Cart (0)

Problems Printing Cathedral A Window

• Author
      Ronald Rickard
      Participant

I’m stumped on how to resolve this one. The top of the model is not finishing correctly on my printer. I have a wide brim to ensure the model is sticking. Vibration seems reasonable. I am running the cooling fan at 100%. But this keeps happening to the top of this model. This was my 4th failure, so i thought I’d see if anyone here knows how to fix this.

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

I cut the top of the wall off and printed just the top and it worked. So, I’ll just print this model in two pieces and splice them together. I’m guessing this is happening because there is too much vibration at the top of the print job on my printer.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

That is bizarre! I will have to look into this I’m afraid as it is not something that I have seen before. What temperature is the nozzle? As you said the cooling fan is working but it has all the signs of the area overheating

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

I print the first layer at 185 and subsequent layers at 180.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

yeah well that absolutely wouldn’t be hot enough to do that with the fan running. Will see what I can find

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey