Cart (0)

Library of Ilthillia Roof Problem

Tagged: ,

• Author
      inquiz9
      Participant

Hey Hivemind,

I’m having alot of trouble printing the roof of the Library. The inner arch inside the windows (the ones that dont hang over the base and have the circle at the top of them) are constantly breaking mid point. I’ve tried to do supports on just the arches to try and curb it but they seem to crack in a different spot. I have an Ender3 and use the Fat Dragon profile at 0.2 layer height. I’m really at a lost here guys and help would be appreciated.

Eamon

Matt
      Participant

You can post pictures and we can diagnose what’s going wrong.

inquiz9
      Participant

This is one without the supports put in

inquiz9
      Participant

Another of the arches without supports

inquiz9
      Participant

The next few are ones where i put in supports to try and prevent the arches from collapsing

inquiz9
      Participant

Another one

inquiz9
      Participant

Another

inquiz9
      Participant

Last One

inquiz9
      Participant

So I don’t quite know what to do. At the moment im thinking to add more supports, have 1 in the middle and 2 on either side instead of just 1 on each side. Perhaps I need to increase the infil. It’s currently at 5% and ive never had an issue. Im also thinking maybe to slow down the print speed?

Matt
      Participant

You’re getting some layer shifting and under-extruding, check the tension on your belts, alter the print speed and or jerk speed, possibly increase your infill, check your exterior printer wall thickness, and check that you’re not under extruding.

https://all3dp.com/1/common-3d-printing-problems-troubleshooting-3d-printer-issues/

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey