Cart (0)

Cosmic Gate – supports yes or no?

Tagged: 

• Author
      Thorsten MΓΌnz
      Participant

Hey guys!

Just loaded the Cosmic Gate Ruins A (cut options) into Cura and wondering about using supports or not. On first sight I would say there are definitly isles which will need some support structures. But if I use auto support with Cura the whole thing is wrapped up in structure and I’ll probabely need a stonemason to get details out of it. .. πŸ˜€

Any suggestions? Maybe someone printet the gate already and can give some settings/advice? Would be highly appeciated! Thanks a lot! πŸ™‚

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

When we printed the Gate on our Ender3 here at the office we did not have any supports enabled, and the quality came out like you saw in the product picture.

You can find our Ender Cura profile here: https://www.printablescenery.com/2020/01/21/creality-ender-3-cura-4-4-1-settings/

Matt
      Participant

In the description under notes
      “Whole versions may require support to print the arch, there is an alternate cut available.”

And additional information
      “Requires supports on some files”

Thorsten MΓΌnz
      Participant

Thanks! I’ll try it and report afterwards. πŸ™‚

artfulori
      Participant

Do you have a preferred profile for printing your models, for the Artillery Sidewinder x1? Being pretty new to 3D printing in general and completely 100% new to printable scenery (so cool and I don’t even play that type of table top game!). I’m about to give the cosmic gate cut version a go, the full version looked like it would need hella supports, but I’m open to any and all advice to print that model whole with minimal supports (especially don’t want them around all the details). Anyway – awesome models! πŸ˜€ – Artfulori

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

The Artillery i would assume still uses Cura, so i would use the same Cura profile as seen above but when selecting a printer you just have to make sure that the bed size is the same as the X1 (300mm * 300mm * 400mm) so that there is no chance of attempting to print outside the buildplate. You can do this either by selecting a custom printer or another printer with the appropriate size.

artfulori
      Participant

Nicholas,

I am using Cura with it, with some custom profiles I found …um, somewhere on the interwebz? LOL Anyway – I’ll give it a try with the Ender profile and see how it goes. My husband stole the printer from me the other day so I haven’t had a chance to start the print anyway. LOL I guess repairing the corners on the kitchen trashcan was more important than time travel. Who knew? I’ll let y’all know how it goes! πŸ˜€

Thanks for being awesome, have the best day ever!

Lori

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

How dare he have priorities XD! not too bad an item though to start honing in the printer. it usually takes me 2-3 prints on a new machine before i have the settings how i like them so he is just doing the R&D stages for you πŸ˜€

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Getting Started’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Β©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey