Cart (0)

Water Mat for Goblin Grotto?

• Author
    Participant

I’ve been printing all the various Grotto pieces & they all look fantastic on the table.

What I would __really__ love to know is where to obtain or how to make that really cool glossy blue/green cave water mat that is used in the Printable Scenery glamour shots for the Grotto components. That water underlayer really makes the whole thing pop!

-Jake

Participant

Green color: Delta Ceramcoat Medium Foliage Green, with lighter and darker highlights.
    Water: Triple Thick Brilliant Brush-on Gloss Glaze — additional layers make the water deeper.

both available from Hobby Lobby

Participant

Awesome. Thanks so much!

What do you use for a substrate? Foam? Plywood? MDF?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatarjakeh.
    Participant

I use a fairly light cardstock, I think it was packing material. If you want something sturdier maybe some foamcore. I just looked again and the photos have more blue than mine. Here’s a picture, I’m haven’t printed any Grotto yet. (needs another coat of water)

Attachments:
    Participant

If you find a high def picture on the internet, you can take it to office depot and have them print a poster of it… As long as it is not copyrighted. I have done this for Feywild and Abyss encounters.

Participant

I took some Dollar Tree foam boards, and spray painted them with Rustoleum gloss dark blue, and then clear coated them with a glossy clear coat. I think it’ll do for my purposes, and I’m toying with the idea of doing the same with an olive green for the other side – for a swampy look.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
©2020 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey