Cart (0)

Water Mat for Goblin Grotto?

• Author
      jakeh
      Participant

I’ve been printing all the various Grotto pieces & they all look fantastic on the table.

What I would __really__ love to know is where to obtain or how to make that really cool glossy blue/green cave water mat that is used in the Printable Scenery glamour shots for the Grotto components. That water underlayer really makes the whole thing pop!

-Jake

Marcus Tillman
      Participant

Green color: Delta Ceramcoat Medium Foliage Green, with lighter and darker highlights.
      Water: Triple Thick Brilliant Brush-on Gloss Glaze — additional layers make the water deeper.

both available from Hobby Lobby

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Marcus Tillman.
      jakeh
      Participant

Awesome. Thanks so much!

What do you use for a substrate? Foam? Plywood? MDF?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by jakeh.
      Marcus Tillman
      Participant

I use a fairly light cardstock, I think it was packing material. If you want something sturdier maybe some foamcore. I just looked again and the photos have more blue than mine. Here’s a picture, I’m haven’t printed any Grotto yet. (needs another coat of water)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Marcus Tillman.
      Attachments:
      Gnomeinbrain
      Participant

If you find a high def picture on the internet, you can take it to office depot and have them print a poster of it… As long as it is not copyrighted. I have done this for Feywild and Abyss encounters.

billremig
      Participant

I took some Dollar Tree foam boards, and spray painted them with Rustoleum gloss dark blue, and then clear coated them with a glossy clear coat. I think it’ll do for my purposes, and I’m toying with the idea of doing the same with an olive green for the other side – for a swampy look.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Clorehaven and the Goblin Grotto Kickstarter’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey