Cart (0)

Problems with IA Schist Wall (Both with and without Top Locking)

• Author
      Ronald Rickard
      Participant

I have a problem printing the IA schist wall, both with and without top locking. The bottom of the model is not printing with the gap for the top locks to slide in, this portion of the model is printing solid, making them unstackable if you want to use the top lock feature. I’m not having this problem with any of the other schist walls I have printed including the chapel IA buttress wall and chapel IA column wall which are similar. Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a problem with the STL file or my slicer? I’m using Slic3r version 1.3.0 on the Ubuntu 18 OS platform.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Which Slicer are you using? I just checked the top locking and normal one on Cura and it sliced the gap fine.

How thick is the wall where the gap for the top locking pins should be?

bottom of IA top locking

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

So, in the slicer, I can see the slot, but when I slice and print, it isn’t there. I’m using Slic3r version 1.3.0.

The wall thickness matches the thickness of where the clip slides in. It is weird because I’m only having the problem with this piece.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

I will get Dee to print one here and triple-check that it is not happening at our end, but it might be something in the slicer doing it. What raft/brim settings did you use?

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

I’m using a 4mm brim. I verified the opening isn’t just the 1 layer thick brim. I appreciate your checking.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Alright have got the IA wall back off the printer and it is definitely clear underneath, which means it is not happening in the code of the wall itself. What are the full settings on that printer. Since the wall is clear and the slicer didn’t fill it in I suspect the printer itself is doing something here.
      IA top locking port

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

I played around with different settings in the slicer for this part and if I don’t print with a brim, it doesn’t fill in the hole! I appreciate your taking a look and your posting earlier prompted me to play around with it which ultimately helped me figure out what was happening. I’m guessing it is a combination of another slicer setting and the brim that is causing the issue for me.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

I’m perplexed that it was a brim that was causing it! I would have assumed it was trying to create a raft or something similar and had the Y axis offset for starting it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey