Cart (0)

Globs on Top of Wooden Floor Tile

• Author
      Holly Tyminski
      Participant

I’m new to 3D printing Filament, only every done resin before. I’m using the anycubic kobra, and trying my best to get everything tuned in. But I don’t know what setting would cause this?

This tile is the rustic floor tile from the Clorehaven Trial kit, and it looks great until I get to the last 5-10% of the print, when the wood grain ends up looking more blobby and less like it does in the pictures.

What setting should I adjust to try and fix this? I’m printing it flat on my build plate, and I assume it might be something with my extruder or z-offset?

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Your hot end might be running a little too hot. Sometimes it can extrude too much material when the temperature is higher than needed, resulting in these little extra blobs of filament where they are not meant to be. I would check the manufacturer’s specs for the specific filament you are using and making sure its within 5 degrees or so of that.

Holly Tyminski
      Participant

I’m using Anycubic Grey PLA, which is 190-230. I have it set to 200. Maybe I should adjust the extruder then? Can I change something in Cura to say not to extrude so much on the top layer?

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

A very good question. I haven’t looked into whether that option is available sorry, so can’t say yay or nay

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey