Cart (0)

Branches failing on print (Ender 3 V2)

• Author
      Richard Baker
      Participant

Hi all,
      I have an Ender 3 V2 and have backed the Shadowfey Kickstarter. I’m currently trying to print the Feywild Cottage and some of the thin branches keep failing to print (see pic). I have tried 0.16 resolution and tried to reduce the stringing (I suspect that the stringing artefacts are “pulling” at the print) by increasing retract distance to 7mm. Is this a problem with the Ender 3 (in other words is it capable of decent prints at this complexity) or can I try and tweek some setting in Cura 4.8.0 to remedy this? Have any of you have any success in printing something like this on the Ender? I’ve had the same problem with other delicate structures. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments:
      Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Usually knocking is the major cause of branch failures, like can be seen on the one center-right where it has detached lower down. if you slow the print speed a little and up your retraction settings during travel to minimise the chance of knocking the model that should help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey