Cart (0)

Trollskull Manor & Inn

• Author
      Sam CampbellSam Campbell
      Keymaster

This was an epic build and the assembly guide alone took 4 days to assemble. I’m creating this thread for a whole bunch more photos.

Manor Inn Expansion

Participant

I just saw this post . I was just getting on to say that this is exactly what i have waiting for to finish my Troll Skull Inn. I have been working on it for a while now and have been waiting for the tower parts and these are going to do very nicely.
      Thank You so much for this set!

Sam CampbellSam Campbell
      Keymaster

I would love to see another Trollskull Manor & Inn out there. It’s taken me a very long time to build it.

Participant

In the assembly diagram manor inn level 4 numbers 19 and 20 it lists the product name but not the file name.
      Also, is the YA-Floor-RusticWooden-v1.0 attached with the openlock clips?

Participant

Came here to mention this. Already beat me to it!

Sam CampbellSam Campbell
      Keymaster

This has been updated.

Participant

Floor 1 Part 1 doesn’t include the D-Beam-SchistDoubleDoorway

Participant

So I am currently building this now. I have levels 1 – 4 completed and just started on the roof. I can say I found discrepancies in the instructions I had to work around but I couldn’t have made it with out them so thank you! For level 3 I removed one door as I didn’t feel it was needed, I had to mirror two #25 roof end caps and for two I had to sand a bevel for them to join up tightly against the spire.

I just started on the roof and I do wish there was a mashup in the Manor Inn for the roof. There is a lot of extra material by just using the modular pieces will get added. I’m not sure for how many parts I will do this for but the cap of the spire I joined the 4 pieces in tinkercad and hollowed. I’ll add images for it. I’ll update the post as I progress. It is really massive. It has a footprint of 22″ by 18″ and a height (without roof) of 8 1/4 in. I really want to make a DnD type Clue game to run instead it when done 🙂

I can only add 4 images per post (based on size) , so there will be a follow up post with 4 more images to show levels.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarmrsethhanson.
      Participant

Follow up post – Level 4 thru Level 1 images

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarmrsethhanson.
      Sam CampbellSam Campbell
      Keymaster

Your build is looking awesome.

Participant

Thanks Sam.

I attached some proof of concept images of the spire/tower cap and another small section where I combined and hollowed. So just two pieces to print instead of 9. Also shown is my next print piece which includes the chimney. I have to say I’m pretty happy with how these larger pieces are turning out and the amount of saved material. I know you guys are busy but I think creating special roof pieces for building you’ve gone through the trouble of putting together guides for would be super helpful!

So I’ll refrain from posting again until everything is printed 🙂

Sam CampbellSam Campbell
      Keymaster

Thanks Seth, It looks great.

When building some of the larger buildings I tried to stay away from set roof pieces. Scaleability and modularity where the key things I wanted to work with in this setup.

Participant

Finally finished! Here it is

Participant

Continued …

Keymaster

That has painted up so well! did you use the staining method to get the different stone colours?

Keymaster

Also you should definitly show this off on the OpenLOCK group if you havent already, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Openlock/

Participant

@Nicholas

I’m not sure what the staining method you speak of is? I use a pretty simple process, paint the stones like most BMC or Fat Dragon – Prime gray, paint random stones brown and others a lighter brown. Light gray dry brush and then stain with Minwax Polyshades Antique Walnut 😉

I’m not a member of the openlock group but I’ll attempt to join and post!

Keymaster

Staining is litterally just going through with inks and washes over particular stones to change their tone

Participant

@NIcholas .

Sure I understand what staining is, from your previous post though you said, “did you use the staining method” which to me by adding “the” it makes it sound like there was some specific method in which you were referring.

Previous post
      “That has painted up so well! did you use the staining method to get the different stone colours?”

Keymaster

My bad, didn’t mean to confuse at all

Participant

With all the extra time I have since our in-person D&D campaign is suspended for coronavirus I had time to work on this project – looking forward to some epic bar brawls or inn room intrigue once we resume play.

Participant
      Keymaster

What combo did you use for the green roof? has a great verdigris’ed look to it

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
©2021 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey