Cart (0)

Rampage Secret Doors

• Author
      Benethor
      Participant

I have a problem printing the secret doors. I printed three of them and all three of them broke while trying to stick them together. It is really tight and when i manage to push the inner piece all down, i cant rotate it and it breaks while trying. I know that it has only one correct orientation. Do i need to print it at insanely high details? I printed most of my tiles at 0.35 layer height for the speed. For the printed in frame doors (ornate doors) i already needed to go down to 0.28 for them to not break, but they work fine now. For the secret door i went down to 0.21 (which is the magic number for my printer, closest to the 0.2 that is recommended) and three walls with a lot of infill (the normal wall parts i print with 2 walls and almost no infill) but it was still too tight and i broke it. Am i doing something wrong? Or do i really need to go down to 0.14 or even 0.07mm layer height, which results in insanely long printing times?

adamspf
      Participant

I printed at .2 and they came out great. I don’t know if that helps you or not?

Andrew
      Participant

I’ve had problems with some minis and tiles being brittle even at 0.2 and even with 100% infill. What was recommended to me and seems to work decently is increasing the wall line count. Maybe that will help keep it from splitting.

Matt Barker
      Keymaster

@Benethor, The fit for the secret door is quite snug, You need to clean it up to make sure there is no debris around the socket or the pin.

Jo Boorer
      Participant

Added Product tag

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey