Cart (0)

printing on a cr-30

• Author
      neroes
      Participant

hi
      i just got an creality CR-30 (belt printer)
      and tried printing some pieces but i’m having issues with removing the pegs, because of the layer lines being at a 45 degree angle they tend to break the bottom when clipping the pegs due to the strain
      anybody have an idea on how to fix this?
      are the pegs even necessary?

neroes
      Participant
      neroes
      Participant

so status update
      by killing more pieces than i would have liked, i found that by twisting the top of each peg out, i could then cut peg of at the bottom without issue (it does deform the underside a tiny bit but that shouldn’t be an issue)

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

What filament brand are you using? My concern is when you start using the clips to join the parts, they are going to cause more “breakage” of these parts as the filament you are using seems really brittle.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Ronald Rickard.
        neroes
        Participant

prusament pla

neroes
        Participant

the inserts seem to work fine

Ronald Rickard
      Participant

There is another possibility if you feel the filament is not brittle or the issue. Can you show the bottom of the printed piece? Is it possible the bottom layers are not fused? Do they look stringy?

neroes
        Participant

the very first line looks a little stringy but i can’t tell where the layers change on the bottom other than that, i believe that the issue is that the pins fuse to well to the bottom for me to simply be able to pull them out

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

These are all really good questions, we never anticipated a belt printer and don’t have one here in the office to test on. Do you think printing vertically might better align the striations for an easier break or due to the angle that it prints on would it be much the same?

neroes
        Participant

so you might be able to do it but i honestly don’t see being pritty, the belt while fairly tight is a textile so printing tall thin objects seems foolish, i have however noticed that the bottom layer of the tile is a tad bit shorter than some of the other tiles i have printed
        the ones printed on my creality CR-30 is the cave floor and i have some old mine floor tiles printed on a prusa mk3S
        will send a picture later

btw. there is a noticeable difference in surface smoothing when printing flat on both machines, it looks nicer on the cr-30 due to the layerline being at a 45 degree angle

neroes
      Participant

pictures as promised, left one is printed on Prusa MK3S and right is printed on Creality CR-30
      the creality messures to roughtly 1.2 mm bottom layer, while the prusa messures around 1.7 mm

the cr-30 is temporarly out of commision (it is being moved to a more permanent setup) but when it is back up i will try printing the mine tiles on it

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

it would be great to see the Prusa mine tile next to the CR-30 tile to see the difference that angle makes

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey