Cart (0)

Printing Buildings at 15mm

• Author
      marksconyers
      Participant

Hi! I usually print the buildings at 28mm, however, I started a project and want to do 15mm. The french farm house comes with a 15mm file and that prints great (with no interior) however, when trying to print others that do not have a 15mm file and with interiors, I find that I can’t get the interior at 15mm scale to print..any tips? Printing on ender3
      Thanks! Angie

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

What game are you printing them for, and is the internal detail necessary for it? For games like Flames of War the non-interior area is better as it allows 2 bases of infantry to be placed inside, and as the detail inside is almost too small to print effectively at that scale it is almost better to just remove it entirely. We can look into adding an update to the other WW2 sets for this to be done though in the meantime you could use Meshmixer to bullion out the internal details.

marksconyers
      Participant

Hi Nicholas, I have been trying my best since your reply to immerse myself in Meshmixer. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the interior of these ww2 buildings. I must really be missing something because it is not working. These 15mm buildings are for FOW and no matter what print setting I try to print them at, things like stairways and window frames refuse to print. One level, that should take 4 hours, on a slow setting, takes 8 hours and still it is a fail. Do you happen to know anyone who you can get me in touch with that is good with Meshmixer to help me figure this all out? I’m feeling desperate as I am a licensed seller and a huge order of 15mm items has come in and I am not feeling like I can produce…or..have you at all tried to print these ww2 buildings in 15mm and maybe I’m not doing the printing settings properly. I get great results on all other catalog items, otherwise…thanks!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

If you can wait for the weekend I might be able to help. it generally requires a bullion of the difference of a rectangle inside to remove the detail.

marksconyers
      Participant

Hi, I can wait. My orders are not set to ship until March 5th. So I have time. I told the customers I was going to try and make it work by learning meshmixer..I am desperate so thank you!!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

If you check your email there is a tester there for you to try

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey