Cart (0)

Pre-supported STL

• Author
      Pieter Stillaert
      Participant

Hello

I’m really not good, nor have the time, to add supports myself on the STL files for my resin printing.
      I read on several places on this site that supports are not needed, even for resin printers, but after many fails and comment that supports should be added with resin, I yield. Can’t the files come pre-supported? That would be so much help.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Pieter Stillaert.
      Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Hey Pieter, Which models are you trying to support? For any miniatures that we intend to be resin printed we add the pre-supports on to, however the vast majority of our models were originally designed to work perfectly on FDM printers rather than resin printers as they are far more cost-effective when making some of the really big, high detailed buildings that we are known for.

Pieter Stillaert
      Participant

Currently I have a bridge, which is large, and just fails at the beginning.
      The other are Gnarly trees, who print fine, but risk of falling of.
      And the cannopies, the small ones, print fine without supports. The bigger once do need supports or else will fail.

I’m thinking about getting a FDM printer to make these scenery prints, because it does look good, and I like what i’m seeing from tinkering terrain software; but I do have a large resin printer, anycubic mono x, and I can print these larger things, so its just a shame that i can’t use it for this aswell.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey