Cart (0)

Is the result as expected?

• Author
      Dave
      Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve got myself an Ender 3 Pro to start with 3D printing. I’ve already flashed it with the TH3D firmware to be able to use manual mesh bed leveling and replaced the bed with a FR4 plate.

When printing with the default Cura settings and 0.2 mm layers I do get a result like that for the tavern d part.

Just curious if the uneven spots are as expected or if some of my settings are still off.

I know that with .2 mm the “steps” between the layers are visible and that is not what the question is about.

If it is the result as expected from .2mm layers it is also fine by me then I will have to decide if I want to go with .2mm faster and having to add some work to the result or going with .1mm layers.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      ludovic.arquilliere
      Participant

Hi,
      i’m new in the 3D printing univers
      I have the same problem the castle tiles.
      any suggestion?

thanks

Ludovic

azyre1
      Participant

That’s a slicer issue. Bring it down to .15 instead of .2 and it should go away.

Matt
      Participant

The layer height of resolution can cause contours if the printer is not set at a high enough level of detail where the shifting of micro levels is subtle, especially on flattish surfaces. typically Vertical flat surfaces print better than horizontal flat surfaces. Some slicers allow you to change the resolution in parts of the print when you are slicing.

Fern Campbell
      Participant

I’d recommend trying 0.12 or even 0.08 as your layer height. Multiples of 0.04 tend to be the sweet spot for the Ender 3s

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey