Cart (0)

Ender 3 Jerking

• Author
      Matt
      Participant

Have noticed some layer shifting problems with Ender 3s and these seem mainly due to belts needing to be tightened, Slowing down some of the speeds and acceleration and also making sure the bed is level.

Brian Etty
      Participant

One odd thing that happened to me on this was that my Nozzle was not completely tight and the overflow would eventually hit the part I was printing cause the layer to shit, but it would nock loose the extra filament so it wasn’t easily visible. So make sure you put your nozzle on when the printer is heated and its snug.

Peivalke
      Participant

In general the layer shifting on the Ender 3 is belt related. But there has also been some speculation that it could be something in Cura 4.0 (if you are using it) that is causing some issues. I think they were talking about it recently on Facebook in “The Tabletop 3D Printing Guild” group.

Matt
      Participant

,,,And now I’m replacing my XT60 connectors because of inconsistent current and one has burnt out. apparently this has been fixed in the last few months, but I’m getting new replacements.

adam.tegen
      Participant

I had problems with this as well, but only in the Y direction. I have a glass bed and have since heard that the added mass makes it that much easier for the y axis to skip

Matt
      Participant

Creawesome mod for Cura seems to be working well. It’s slowed down the overall print speed by about 50% but the brim is easier to remove.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey