Cart (0)

Ender 3 hanging strings

• Author
      Jacob Nichols
      Participant

Hey guys, running my Ender 3 with all the recommended settings, using the profile that was suggested and built, and I’m still getting these little hanging strings. I’m new to 3D printing, in fact these are my first prints. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Jacob Nichols.
      Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Hey Jacob, looks like just a bit of over extrusion you have going on there. What type of filament are you using as it might be caused by the hotend being just a little too hot. Each filament manufacturer has a recommended tempreture for their product so the standard temp might be slightly too high. If you have a look on the filaments packaging it should say what its recommended temp is.

Jacob Nichols
      Participant

Using the Hatchbox filament off Amazon. Is there a way to change the temperature default when printing? Is that done in Cura or on the printer itself? Is there a temp that is noticeably too low? Any suggestions for assisting?

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Yes, in Cura there should be a section called “Fillament Settings” where you can set it to the manufacturers recommended tempreture, then when you go to print it will register the tempreture settings from there.

We have also gone over the model and found that there is a slight overhang that can also be causing the stringing that we are going to get sorted. Thankyou for bringing it to our attention!

Jacob Nichols
      Participant

Oh.. well thats nice! Good to know you guys are on it. I checked my settings, totally within normal temperature. In fact, I set this next build on the lower setting to see if it could prevent some of the sag. Would you guys suggest printing with some sort of supports? Like tree supports? Or are these models made to be print stand alone without supports? I bought your whole ruined collection and want to buy the other 2 fantasy collections, but want to get this sorted before I do. Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey