Cart (0)

Doom Ramparts Roof error

Tagged: 

• Author
      car_tag
      Participant

I’m having issues printing DoomRampart-Tower-Top-v1.1.stl. When it gets to the back of the object on the third crenelation my printer just mysteriously stops. I’ve resliced it three times now and it won’t go past that point. Is anybody else having issues with the file not printing right?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by car_tag.
      car_tag
      Participant

For other troubleshooting, it is connected to a computer via USB. System has been rebooted, have tried Cura 4.0.0 and 3.6.1 for third attempt. Printer has been power cycled. Since this error I started printing DoomRampart-Tower-Lv2-I-v1.0.stl and it is several mm tall now.

car_tag
      Participant

I turned the model -90° and tried again. This time it made it to the other end of the same wall before it stopped again. It’s definitely something with the model.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by car_tag.
      Attachments:
      car_tag
      Participant

Having problems with DoomRampart-Wall-v1.0.stl too. I’m using the Anycubic i3 Mega. Has anybody else been able to print either of these files on this printer?

Samuel Campbell
      Participant

We’ll have a look at it, but you can try to redownload the file.. We haven’t had any issues testing these on Prusas or Enders for that matter.

car_tag
      Participant

Redownloading now, I’ll have a chance to try it out in around 20 hours.

car_tag
      Participant

Redownloaded, having a problem at the same place still with it. Fortunately I have some time before I need to get the tops printed out, I still need 5 more towers, 3 straight walls, and a gate.

car_tag
      Participant

Rotated 180 degrees and using Cura 3.6.0 and it made it to the second layer at least. This is progress.

car_tag
      Participant

v1.2 is having an issue still with Cura 4, only now it’s at the corner of the peg hole by where it had an issue before.

car_tag
      Participant

1.2 works fine in Cura 3.6.

Matt
      Participant

I’d been slicing these with Cura 4 and this was working fine. Haven’t tried with previous versions.

car_tag
      Participant

This is the only file that has ever given me any grief like this, and I’m at 8 failed prints now with it. I lost power during the last print (not included in failed print numbers) but when I just restarted in 3.6 it died at the same place by the alignment hole. I’m just wasting filament at this point.

Matt
      Participant

It looks like you’re printing on the buildplate, have you tried printing it with a raft?

car_tag
      Participant

Not meaning to sound rude, I’m still relatively new to 3D printing, but how would that help in this case? I thought a raft would be best used when the print isn’t sticking to the bed. I have had zero adhesion problems with all of these prints, they are stopping at a certain predictable point of the mesh. Plus wouldn’t getting a raft off of a piece that size be very difficult?

Matt
      Participant

It looks like a weird first layer problem once it’s sliced, I’ve sliced it multiple times via cura 4 and slic3r pe and usually with a raft. Maybe look at changing how it lays down the initial layer, possibly change your “Bottom pattern initial layer” to Concentric or Zig Zag and possibly changing your initial layer print speed and top/bottom line directions.

car_tag
      Participant

I rotated it 180 degrees like I did the only other successful time it printed and it seemed to correct it (weird, I know). No raft and it’s on layer 3.

Matt
      Participant

I’ve had this happen with other print jobs before and it seems like nothing will work even though it’s worked on many different printers until your rotate the model. It might be a little incompatability with how Cura slices the first layer on the file and your printer hardware at certain configurations.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey