Cart (0)

Church wall end piece problem

• Author
      Fenriswolf
      Participant

I have been printing the Church Wall pieces this weekend and I am unable to get the two end pieces (Church Wall End v1.2 and Church Wall Ruin End v1.2) to print properly. I have printed all of the other pieces without issues.

The two end pieces get to the final stage (approximately 95% done) and the nozzle is finishing the top parts. This is where the weird behavior happens. The nozzle moves into part of the already printed model and ruins the piece. Sometimes the wall end is knocked down. Sometimes the wall end gets lifted up and become stuck to the nozzle and it continues printing a blob into the hole made by the nozzle. Either way, the hot nozzle causes a tear into the piece. I have tested both end pieces and both fail around the same time. I have not been able to successfully print either piece. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Printer: Ender 3
      Slicer: Cura v4.3.0
      Layer Height: 0.2mm
      Wall Thickness: 0.8mm
      Wall Line Count: 2
      Top/Bottom Thickness: 0.8mm
      Top Thickness: 1mm
      Top Layers: 5
      Bottom Thickness: 0.8mm
      Bottom Layers: 4
      Horizontal Expansion: 0mm
      Infill: 20%
      Infill Pattern: Grid
      Material: eSun 1.75mm PLA+ Pro
      Printing Temperature: 205
      Build Plate Temperature: 60
      Speed: 60 mm/s
      Travel – Z Hop When Retracted: Unchecked
      Cooling – Enable Print Cooling: Checked
      Fan Speed: 100%
      Support – Unchecked
      Build Plate Adhesion: Skirt

*Cross posted in the Printable Scenery FB area

Matt
      Participant

I’d possibly look at checking your zhop when retracted and making sure you’re not over extruding.

Jim Martin
      Participant

Could be an adhesion issue. Might want to try using a brim.

Fenriswolf
      Participant

I will try to adjust the zhop setting. I don’t think it is an adhesion issue. I have successfully printed all of the other files without a single problem. When in the final stage of printing the two end pieces, the nozzle literally goes into an already printed area which either dislodges the piece or creates a spot where the filament comes out in a glob. Hard to explain, sorry. But thanks for the advice.

Fenriswolf
      Participant

I was printing them one at a time to figure out why I had a problem. Someone of FB recommended printing them four at a time but spacing them across the print bed. He figured that sometimes working on smaller pieces does not give the layers time to cool off and they lift up and hit the nozzle. He also recommended using a brim. I took his advice and was able to print off both versions of the wall ends. Thanks everyone.

Matt
      Participant

Great news!

Jim Martin
      Participant

Glad you got worked out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Resolving 3D Printing Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey