Cart (0)

Stone walls to use in a cathedral

• Author
      j.dolamroth
      Participant

Hi, I bought some months ago the Cathedral pack and I want to add some stones walls. The only stone walls that I’ve found compatible with the cathedral set are the ones in the rampage castle trial pack. The problem is that the walls have the openlock holes in the base and I need to use two of them to reach the height of the cathedral components. Do you have any wall set with the same height than the cathedral components to use? I add a photograph to clarify my question..

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by j.dolamroth.
      Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

None of the wall sets go all the way up to that height J.Dolamroth, however in the recent Clorehaven sets you can find some Clip caps that would work perfectly for this situation. they are designed to hide that sort of thing. you can find them here: https://www.printablescenery.com/product/clip-caps/

gentlemanbear
      Participant

This is a great improvement in flexibility, but having to have a band of stone or wood beam imbedded in what should be a plain expanse of masonry for every 10ft of wall height as shown in the photos for those items is frustrating. I’m curious why they were designed that way.
      They certainly weren’t built that way, way back then.
      I have a similar problem with stacking buttresses, too. One course of buttress pieces alone on the ground floor doesn’t even begin to cut it. .
      Come to think of it, the same is true of pillars in general.
      We should be able to cluster them up to 2in wide, maybe 3, and stack. them as high as we need, and there should be a half-height pillar for using in stone cellars/dungeons, to support the arches of the cross-vaulting or barrel vaults. Just the ribs are needed, so as not to obscure visibility, but masonry vaulting was of huge importance all the way through the Victorian era.

It doesn’t seem like this would take that much work to from where you are to get there …
      What are your thoughts?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Getting Started’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey