Cart (0)

SLA Resin Printers

• Author
      Piemur1
      Participant

Would these terrain pieces be fine to print with SLA Resin type printers or is it often better to use PLA filament type printers?

Gabriel parke
      Participant

Its typically better to use FDM (filament) printers. SLA printers are great but resin can become very expensive if you’re printing a lot of terrain. Also build plate size can be an issue as well, many larger pieces might not be able to be printed without breaking up into multiple smaller pieces. There are a few people i’ve seen print just the outer facias of clorehaven building pieces though. It makes it cheaper for sure but it won’t clip together. If you’re just getting into printing and primarily doing it for terrain. I’d highly suggest going the FDM printer route.

Matt
      Participant

We generally design everything to print on a medium sized FDM printer, but stuff like furniture and high detail small pieces is fairly cost effective and stunning in detail on a resin printer. Tiles and larger buildings I would only really recommend on an FDM printer.

creatorgirl13forums
      Participant

maybe this can help you, I invested into some printers that use FDM, SLA, SLS – maybe this can help ya

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Ohhh that is a nicely succinct round-up of the printer types, cheers creatorgirl.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Getting Started’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey