Cart (0)

Shadowfey Scaffolding and Support Columns 1.1 – X-Support-Wood-v1.0 fail

• Author
      naleax
      Participant

I have been printing the support columns and most of them print fine, but the X-Support-Wood-v1.0 fails at the exact same spot every time. I have resliced the model with Cura and printed it three separate times with no difference. Every time the nozzle clips the model in the exact same spot towards the end of the print. I decided to print some of the other support columns and they all print fine. No matter what I do I cannot get the X-Support-Wood-v1.0 to print without the nozzle clipping it in the same place and knocking the print out of alignment. I’m using Cura 4.9.0 with Standard Quality, no change and it works fine for all the other column models, just not the X-Support-Wood-v1.0 column which has failed four times now. Could this be a model issue? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Hey Naleax

There were a couple of pieces that were difficult to print In this set if the bed is not exactly level, as the top is wider and heavier than the majority of the model and could therefore overbalance or knock the model when printing.
      There are a couple of things that you can try first if you haven’t already to make sure it’s not the printer itself. the first is to increase your retraction settings and slow the print down to try to prevent it knocking the part as it travels. the second would be to, when you re-slice it, to re-orient it on the bed as well at 45 degrees to make sure it isn’t a slight bed leveling issue.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Shadowfey Kickstarter’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey