Cart (0)

Painting Sone Houses

• Author
      menzala83
      Participant

I’m curious as to how other people are painting these amazing models. I have a few tricks of my own but it would be great to expand my ability’s and see others.

So this is how I do stone, it’s pretty basic but looks good on pretty much anything.

Step 1 – prime with black
      Step 2 – dry brush dungeon grey
      Step 3 – dry brush ash grey
      Step 4 – Light dry brush of arid earth

All the paints I used were army painter

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Matt Barker.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Matt Barker. Reason: added tag for product page
      aylizia
      Participant

I use the exterior paint (acrylics) from Home Depot – you can buy test samples in a million different colors and they are way cheaper then using expensive miniature paints. I thin it with water and it also works as a primer so you don’t have to prime before painting. Got 3 different colors for dry brushing as well and they have worked really well.
      For details on the models I do use Army Painters and Vallejo paints.

valentindu22
        Participant

I’ll start with the roof.
        I started with black primer and then went on to do a heavy dry brush of army painters Dragon Red then a light dry brush of Army Painters lava orange. After it had dried I then gave the roof a watered down wash, I like to do a one part water to one part Army Painters Red Tone Garde Meubles Marseille. Sometimes this technique with the wash can leave the roof too bright if so I just go over it with the wash again.

Vielleicht sollte ich zu Ihnen kommen, um zu sehen, wie Sie es gemacht haben, und vielleicht Ihre Dienste in Anspruch nehmen.

Zoltan
      Participant

I second @aylizia on this one. Started using Daler Rowney Graduate Acrylics as base coat/primer. At £3 for 120ml it’s great value for money.

After base I shade the model, then drybrush with 2-3 different colours. Finally highlight any details you want to stand out.
      For drybrushing and shading I use Citadel paints.

menzala83
      Participant

The recently released Ruined Small Cottage is going to look extremely cool once I’ve finished it. The detail on this thing is amazing, lots of little bits of brick and roof tiles inside, and the door buster in. It’s very cool. Best of all there’s undamaged version which means the characters in My RPG all get to see the the house of the the towns widower get burnt to the ground while they watch… Dragons can be a pain

View post on imgur.com

Once I’m done I’ll up a quick run though of how I did some of the complex bits, so keep an eye out

Matt
      Participant

That would be awesome. I agree, dragons can be a pain, much like children.

menzala83
      Participant

Hay guys finished the ruined small cottage,It was heaps of fun to paint, Very satisfying. some of the more interesting things to paint were the roof and the interior walls

I’ll start with the roof.
      I started with black primer and then went on to do a heavy dry brush of army painters Dragon Red then a light dry brush of Army Painters lava orange. After it had dried I then gave the roof a watered down wash, I like to do a one part water to one part Army Painters Red Tone. Sometimes this technique with the wash can leave the roof too bright if so I just go over it with the wash again.

Step 1 black primer
      Step 2 dragon red
      Step 3 lava orange
      Step 4 red tone wash

The interior walls.
      As with the roof I started with black primer and then gave the plastered parts of the wall a very heavy dry brush of Army Painters Arid Earth. Then after that dried I did a wash with Army Painters medium tone. I then gave it a dry brush of Arid Earth again making sure not to paint right in to the very edges as the bit of a gap left makes for a nice weathered look.

Step 1 Black primer
      Step 2 Arid Earth
      Step 3 Medium tone
      Step 4 Arid Earth

Attachments:
      Matt Barker
      Keymaster

Looks great, do you have a few more photos from different angles?

alastairlee54
      Participant

A clean coat of paint can help your private home look more appealing but there are numerous reasons why repainting your house is crucial and a proper paint job is wanted to insure that the paint will remaining for years and will assist you store money. Rushing any paint task has severe effects specifically on massive houses. Painting can pose a few problems and demanding situations that want interest because of the amount time and fee it would take to finish the paint job.

WEATHER

Painting a huge residence glaringly desires greater time than painting a small house due to the location for guidance, primer paint and end paint is greater. Most repaints are performed in accordance with a plan because maximum paints nowadays are latex or water based totally because of this that rain will on the whole like ruin a newly painted home outside or portray a floor on a damp surroundings due to big surfaces that want to be carried out with a new coat. A exchange in climate may want to lead to delays especially painting the exteriors on a large floor. That’s is why proper scheduling and choosing the pleasant time to paint your house is critical to make sure proper curing as exterior paints are greater uncovered to climate than the interior. Different climate has additionally extraordinary effects on paint, so deciding on the right form of paint for a specific climate is also important to keep away from needless fees.

SAFETY

Painting is bodily task, mountaineering the ones ladders at the same time as protecting a brush or rollers is not smooth mainly portray large residence. For a massive house, getting ready the floor is as tons tiring as painting even as standing for hours. Some of the not unusual injuries are falling from ladders, which could cause a completely critical harm. Other challenges of portray huge house are breathing in an excessive amount of fumes from paint. With a huge house to paint, you will be exposed on fumes for a protracted time frame especially when portray residence interiors. Although there a few paint products which might be low smell however at the equal time steeply-priced. Using a dust mask or clear out mask is one manner of stopping your self from inhaling risky fumes. Professional painters are trained with reference to protection precautions and are prepared with safety gears, however if making a decision to color it your self it’s far always exceptional to get advice and do some research to avoid accidents and enjoy the fruit of your hard work.

stethomas2023
      Participant

Yes the rendering is the same as for natural paint without additives [url=https://www.rachat-credit-info.com/]rachat de credit travaux[/url]. So you can try to save money and kill time too.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Yeah depends if I’m modeling the house to be in the country or the city. Might go for some more brown and green toned greys if im out in the country to imply wear on the rocks to a crisper grey to the city where people take a bit more pride in their homes (for lack of anything else to do)

wowilson1
      Participant
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Painting 3D printed models’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey