Cart (0)

Paint scheme for the grotto

• Author
      jaap
      Participant

Hi, I was just looking for some pointers on the paint scheme for the grotto. I really like the look they have in the previews in the store – any ideas on what paints to use?

jakeh
      Participant

I went with shades of brown for my grotto pieces. I probably went a little overboard, but I think they look pretty nice. 🙂

I based with Krylon Cocoa Bean. (This color is also great for any ‘wood’ pieces with deep recesses for a dark brown shadow)
      I brushed some Liquitex BASICS Burnt Umber into the spots that were missed/thin/unreachable with the spray can (covering the grey PLA).
      I did a fairly heavy overbrush of FolkArt Coffee Latte. (lighter tan color)
      Then finished it off with a drybrush of Liquitex BASICS Unbleached Titanium. (off-white/beige)
      I may go over some spots on the floors/walls with a Liquitex gloss medium for a shiny “wet” look.

I’m still trying to decide how I want to do the water pools on the F1/F2 floors. Suggestions?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by jakeh.
      Matt
      Participant

To do the Grotto piece we prime in Black, and dry brush subsequent layers in Army Painter Oak Brown, Leather Brown and Arid Earth.

jaap
      Participant

Thanks, I will give both of the options a try,!

jasonarispe
      Participant

I wanted a more southwestern US but still moist look, so I based in Satin Terracotta Spray Fusion, and then dusted (hold spray can 15-18 inches away for a single pass) of ultra flat dark green from the camouflage collection then dry brushed over that with craftsmart espresso. It made for a really nice look and so far every player comments on the uniqueness of it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Clorehaven and the Goblin Grotto Kickstarter’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey