July 27, 2021 at 12:38 pm #290825
So, as a 3D printing addict like so many others here, I need to invest in a new printer.
I already have a Snapmaker 2.0, which is amazing and an absolute beast once it’s setup correctly – I’m just not sure I want to sink $2k into a second printer (or maybe more than one).
Here’s my wish list:
1) Large format
That’s really it. At the moment I’m only printing with PLA and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
A resin printer is already on the horizon so not looking for that option.
Any ideas on what I should be looking at would be greatly appreciated.
July 28, 2021 at 2:33 am #291096
I should have added….
3) Heated bed
4) Magnetic bed (not a deal breaker)
July 29, 2021 at 6:00 am #293110
The more I think about it, the more I realize I’m describing my printer.
I think I’ll add more of those to the stable. 🙂
August 2, 2021 at 3:52 pm #294840Kevin WalkerParticipant
Maybe I’ll have to experiment more with my A350 SM2 then. I pretty much consigned it to Laser and CnC use occasionally as after a number of weeks I couldn’t get it dialed in as well as my Ender3 or CR 6SE. I was also having big warping problems even with a wide attached brim and 1st layer warping whenever I went over about a 5 inch by 5 inch area.
August 3, 2021 at 5:25 pm #295076
A couple of things I discovered:
1) I ended up buying a new build plate from them. It makes no sense but mine was a dud !?
2) I discovered that everything went much better when I printed on a raft. Yeah, it adds a ton of time to the print but it works perfectly every time. I use it on pretty much everything except the OpenLock clips.
3) It’s better to set the Z-axis a little tighter than recommended. I use .05mm.
I use .16 layer height (Normal). There’s a download in the forums for the Cura settings recommended by the company.
It really is a workhorse/beast once you get it right. I’ve had mine running pretty much 24/7 for the last month and it’s still going strong. I absolutely love mine. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.