Cart (0)

Hex OpenLock Clips for Miniature Terrain

• Author
      Mike Melander
      Participant

I thought I would share what I thought was a rather ingenious design creating hex patterns for very miniature terrain (smaller than 28mm) using designs previously created by BigMrTong on Thingiverse combined with an altered hex connection system using openLOCK.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Thingiverse Link
      https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3532105

Matt
      Participant

These are great, what size are those as we’re developing some at the moment.

Mike Melander
        Participant

I am not sure what the ratio would be, but the size is 2 and a half inches from one side to the other, not corner to corner. Seemed to be big enough to get detail in while not having too many tiles to manage.

TTR Steve
      Participant

Did anything come of this? I was working on something very similar, except scaled for 28mm.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by TTR Steve.
      hakan
      Participant

There is this interesting product:

Rough Stone Hex Floors and Ruins

which I just started printing out of curiosity…

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Yes we did a hex to tye in with the Underworlds game from Games Workshop, we may expand it further in the future to include some map tiles but it isn’t something that we have as a high priority project

TTR Steve
      Participant

ah ok. is there any chance of the hex making it’s way into the OpenLOCK Tessellation Templates? i want to make 28mm hex grid battle maps with individually molded terrain features. grass, dirt, rocks, trees, river edge, river, progressively taller ones for hills/mountains. i’ve been developing my own connection system, but it would be cool to use something standard like OpenLOCK .

hakan
      Participant

Having them in the Templates, maybe even in non-STL formats (fusion 360 would immensely help) would be really nice, giving us more choice for our battle maps… Currently, I am playing with a few tiles (need painting, of course… which, in turn, needs time 🙂 )

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘OpenLOCK Creators and Designers’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey