Cart (0)

Hagglethorn Hollow Release Date

• Author
      gdqrjpwr
      Participant

Hi,

According to the Hagglethorn kickstarter, Printable Scenery will be producing the village as stl files in a kickstarter. Any word on this? Am really fond of the crumbling, half ruinous but still inhabited look. Good for Bretonnia, if it could be painted with some bright splashes of colour.

Matt
      Participant

Tabletop Troubadour games are still fulfilling their original kickstarter before trying to do the 3d Printable versions.

dreadknot69
      Participant

Is this still happening Sam or has it been squashed?

Matt
      Participant

Yes, inquiring minds would like to know if this is still happening.

Matt
      Participant

Yes. We’re excited about this. We are actively working on this with Tabletop troubadour Games and it will be a kickstarter after the next Printable Scenery Kickstarter (which is about a month away). So a few months away at least.

gdqrjpwr
      Participant

Am envisioning Hagglethorn Hollow as Bretonnian. The architecture is perfect but needs a brighter color scheme.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

With plenty of extra shields from the bits box to theme it up.

gdqrjpwr
      Participant

Right. Also with streamers and pennants.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Oh and grail iconography! cant miss out the grail iconography!

gdqrjpwr
      Participant

The original TT kickstarter video shows city walls but they don’t seem to be included as a physical product. Will you include them in the digital version?

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

We are in the process of finalising these discussions, so unfortunately i cant give you a yes or no answer right now. hopefully we will have some more info in the next few weeks.

gdqrjpwr
      Participant

Ok. Am thinking the city walls will look really good with your hoarding.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

now thats a good point!

johnnyrevo71
      Participant

Any word on Hagglethorne hollow yet. Will you be kickstarting it after brave new worlds has finished?

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

The plan is for later in the year, we are waiting for them to completly fulfil their origional kickstarter so no one feels let down at their end.

dust.fire
      Participant

Will you guys be sending out an update on previous KS campaigns once it’s launched? I did not back Brave New Worlds (not our gig) but I’m still printing my way through Goblin Grotto and all the other files I picked up.

Hagglethorn, and the promise of STL files, is the entire reason we got into 3D printing.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

We will be sending the info out to all our previous backers, so don’t worry we will let you know when it is going live

gooch818
      Participant

I have been waiting for these files to drop for a long time, I hope it’s soon!

Let me be the sales person here. What can I do to get you to sell me your product? Please take my money!

πŸ˜‰

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

We would love to, we just have to wait for the original kickstarter to be fully delivered so that their backers do not feel cheated

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Nicholas Jebson.
      michaeldeeter
      Participant

Hi all –

Bumping in hopes we have an update now. Anything?

dreadknot69
      Participant

I think I’m going to have to unsubscribe because every time I see this post show up in my email, I get excited and it always turns out to be nothing.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Unfortunately no Michael, as far as we know they are aiming to deliver at the end of the year. Understandably they want their physical backers to get their rewards before we get to play with them and send them out to you guys.

merploc
      Participant

I made an account to bump.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Nothing really new to report im afraid. We wont be starting to play around with it until all the customers who pledged for physical products get theirs.

johnnyrevo71
      Participant

Here you go guys, straight from ttg.
      We are Shipping*
      28 days ago – Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:38:38 AM
      We are so happy to say that all our product has now left China and on the way to fulfillment centers for backers in the USA, Canada, UK, EU, Asia, and New Zealand. *The only remaining region that is yet to leave China is our Australia shipment and which we should have a date for very soon. The Australian shipping route is the shortest of all of them but has been problematic to secure a space.

Some of these shipments did leave China almost two weeks ago but we held off making the news public until we had more info on Australia but have decided to go ahead with the current info. We were apprehensive about announcing anything too early due to situations changing on us in the past.

When shipments do arrive in each country, there will be a certain amount of time for customs and clearances to occur and that is very hard to estimate at this time, however, the estimated arrival dates for the shipments arriving in each region are as follows. Please know that this is just an estimate and the shipping industry is still in quite a state of flux.

USA/Canada – 11th and 20th Jan, UK – 12th Jan, EU – 24th Jan, NZ – 16th Jan, AUS – TBC.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Ahh good. hopefully we can get you guys an update soon then!

gooch818
      Participant

Awesome! I hope a digital release is around the corner ;).

Please
      Take
      My
      Money

johnnyrevo71
      Participant

Heres the latest update. Now if we could just get Printablescenery’s input………
      Tabletop Troubadour GamesCreator

February 13, 2021
      Hello backers, this is just a quick update for our backers in the USA and Canada.

We have been informed that our USA and Canadian backers are now receiving confirmation emails from our fulfilment company, QML. This is of course very exciting for all, however soon after these emails were sent, it was realised they used an older version of the address database. Please double-check the address when you are asked to verify. We expect that QML will likely do an additional round of e-mail checks just to be certain.

Thanks again everyone, and if you have not received an email and you are based in the USA, please DM us and we can follow up on any concerns or confirmations for you.

For all our backers and late pledges, we strongly encourage you all to double-check the address info when you receive verification emails from fulfilment companies.

Thanks everyone,

The TTG Team

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Matt is sitting down with the guys this week to discuss the collaboration, so things should start properly moving from there. We obviously can’t tell you when it will be but hopefully we have a more solid idea in the next week or so.

johnnyrevo71
      Participant

Any word on the sitdown? Anything new to update.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Nothing I am allowed to report on just yet, but hopefully we can start letting you all know very soon what the plans are around Hagglethorn hollow.

bt7soccer
      Participant

Can’t wait for the good news!

dreadknot69
      Participant

Gotta be honest, at this point, I don’t care anymore. Between your existing product lines, Terrain Tinker and other competing STLs….. I am more than good for terrain. I no longer want these and am not interested. Plus, let’s be honest…. we all know the prices are going to be high for these. There’s no way Trobadour will let them go for cheap.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

They fit an interesting, High fantasy niche that isn’t well represented in the market, so we are quite excited to see what we can do with them. We are currently looking at the initial scans to see where we can improve upon the files so haven’t discussed cost yet, we will aim to hold them to a decent price though.

Bezelfor
      Participant

Holding the STLs until the physical models are delivered seems like a bad call to me. The original backers paid for physical terrain, in some cases painted ready for the tabletop, not for a shot at the printing hobby. This is not like traditional media such as a board game or a novel. The products are dramatically different. They could have contracted one person to prep the STLs, given them to the Kickstarter backers for free as a bonus, and made loads on the digital sales in the interim.

As it stands I think what @dreadknot69 said above is accurate and will ultimately hurt sales. When the Kickstarter launched there were not as many options for modular printable buildings. There has just been so much development in the industry in the last 2.5 years; multiple programs have been developed to allow users to create their own terrain and we are still waiting on our first shot to begin weeklong print projects.

I was definitely on board when the plan was announced to make the files available and because I am a junkie will probably still pledge here but I can understand why many folks with similar interest will hold off considering how many files they may now own, let alone how many buildings they may have already printed and have sitting on their shelves.

Just some thoughts on the business decisions. I love the work and hope to print it soon.

gooch818
      Participant

“When the Kickstarter launched there were not as many options for modular printable buildings. There has just been so much development in the industry in the last 2.5 years;”

This is my frustration too. This set was extremely unique at the time, but there are so many options now. Today, I feel like it’s still unique as they are stackable and it’s art style. Maybe only countered by sets that have individual pieces that can be “lego’d” (scientific term) together.

Again, I want this set. I think it still has it’s charm…..but its been a REALLY long time.

I understand the fear of letting physical backers feeling shafted, but there is a big difference between that product and filament printed set. Of course, today resin printing is getting larger and more affordable, so maybe I’m wrong about that now. But printed sets still need to be painted, so there’s that to consider.

My shelf is running out of space for terrain. Please take my money! If not for me, think of the children!

patrick diederiks
      Participant

Following this with interest πŸ˜ƒ

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘3D Printed Terrain for Tabletop Wargames’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Β©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey