Cart (0)

Blitz Bowl Arena

Tagged: 

• Author
      calshoe5403
      Participant

I know you already have a fantasy pitch available but it would be awesome to have a set that helps to fit the smaller design and different style of Blitz Bowl. I am currently trying to figure out the best way to pick and choose from available products to make a custom pitch, which I am sure I will be able to do. It would just be awesome to not have to think and to save a little by getting it all in one bundle. Any thoughts on if this is asking to much with a pitch already available ? Thanks in advance !!

sahern
      Participant

I’d be interested to see what you ended up doing with this. I haven’t bought the fantasy pitch here yet but I’d be buying it for Blitz Bowl if I did. I’m thinking of doing stands/full walls along the long side, then half walls along the short sides with a door in the middle where a dugout would be connected. Print up or paint some numbers onto one side of the stands for the scoring track. Having the stands on only two sides would make it easy to switch between the two types of pitches.

dncwrx
      Participant

Just started my Blitz Bowl arena, scaled perfectly. Surrounding with brick walls with openings for dugouts and one center field. Really want to fill up this nifty frame I got for it.

sahern
      Participant

Nice! I got started on mine and have stalled out a little. Scaled to 125% is just slightly too big for future reference.

dncwrx
      Participant

I think I set the scale to 88.57% in my slicer program and it’s dead on 31mm per square. Some wall sections are just coming off the printer and they are looking amazing!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

man yeah that is looking ace! how long did you take in the slicer to get it down to such a precise scaling?

dncwrx
      Participant

I figured it would need to be a whole number (35, 33, 32, etc), so after measuring the board I did 3×3 test plates at 32, 30 & finally 31mm and when I put it down, presto! The 31mm was perfect so I checked the scale number and applied it to everything I printed from the Fantasy Football pitch and it’s really turning out sharp, just pulled more wall off the build plate!

dncwrx
      Participant

Since a bunch of the games I play are with causal folks, it’s always nice to have the reference dugout, so it sized up well with the frame I have the pitch mounted to.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

oh wow i dont think i have seen that refrence dugout before, i havent done blitz bowl yet only the full on bloodbowl so their dugouts would not fit.

dncwrx
      Participant

If you can snag a copy I highly recommend it, tons of fun, quick play (30-45 minutes so best 2 out of 3 is fun), easy rule set that is a good intro to Blood Bowl proper!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

could be a good lunchtime game at the office then

dncwrx
      Participant

Quickie question, off the top of your head, any of the scenery sets have a stone corner pillar that might work with the walls I have built? If you look at the one photo of the reference dugout, you’ll notice the corners don’t meet on the main pitch. If you can think of any of your sets that have something that might fit there lemme know, I don’t mind getting the whole file set for the one piece. Also, I am putting in all the shop fronts from Clorehaven on both sides so it feels like the match is in the middle of the main street ha ha!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

the half walls there? Looks like the castle low walls which should have an O-column in there which should do nicely. if it isnt there in your folder i would recomend re-downloading in case it was accidentally deleted or something. here you go: https://www.printablescenery.com/product/castle-low-walls/

dncwrx
      Participant

The cobblestone promenade around the pitch is starting to look really nice.

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Is that using the new road tiles?

dncwrx
      Participant

The Clorehaven Streets.

dncwrx
      Participant

Here is a better shot of what’s left.

dncwrx
      Participant

Dugout is done, here is how it works with the insert!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

don’t you just love when you get a perfect fit. can’t wait to see a couple of in game shots!

dncwrx
      Participant

One unique aspect to Blitz Bowl is you have obstacles to use to try and shack would be tacklers. This layout requires 4 2×2 obstacles, so this is what I chose.

dncwrx
      Participant
      Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

Man that is looking amazing!

dncwrx
      Participant

I can officially hang it on the wall. Now it’s time to clean up the workshop 🤣 thanks for your help on this!

Nicholas Jebson
      Participant

No worries, it has been great following along! you should definitly post it up on the Openlock facebook group too, i think they would really love it.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Model ideas and update suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey