Cart (0)

3D Printer recommendations

Tagged: 

• Author
      Scott
      Participant

Hi All,

So I am looking to get into 3D printing my own terrain and have been extensively researching the different types of printers etc available within my price range (I’m in the UK so my budget is about £500ish). Does anyone have any recommendations as a lot of the ones i have found online recommended by various tech forums and magazines have then had quite negative reviews on amazon.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

Matt
      Participant

The Prusa Kit is around $750 USD. The Ender 3s are ok and a lot cheaper but require a lot more work.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Matt.
      hakan
      Participant

I would go for the Prusa MK3(s).

And, if you did not already assemble and calibrate a printer yourself, or have some experienced help nearby, choose the pre-assembled version. Being able to start printing immediately after opening the box really helps 🙂

Scott
      Participant

Thanks for the recommendations 🙂 so I’ve done some more looking into these and the Prusa is a bit above what I would really go for for a first printer and has a lead time if 4 weeks :'( The ender looks good but from what I have read it seems to be a bit more fiddly and not so ‘new user’ friendly. Does anyone have any experience with the XYZprinting da vinci series or the flash forge ones? They keep popping up as good starting points along with the monoprice video (but again a long lead time on this)

Matt
      Participant

The XYZ had proprietry filament which was a bit more expensive, The Enders are a bit more fiddly but the Prusa is a straight out of the box type deal. I’ve heard some good things about the Anycubic i3 Mega. Haven’t had anything to do with the Flashforge printers yet.

Scott
      Participant

So I have gone for the ender pro, got it built last night so going to calibrate and hopefully do my first prints today 🙂 thanks for all the help!

Matt
      Participant

Post up your first prints. We always love to see prints.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Getting Started’ is closed to new topics and replies.
©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey