Cart (0)

Reply To: Want to try Rampage Tiles

Home Forums 3D printed terrain for Dungeon Masters Want to try Rampage Tiles Reply To: Want to try Rampage Tiles

delandcraven
Participant

You do bring up a point that isn’t addressed in the reply. According to the site terms and conditions, you are not allowed to sell any tiles you print from the models you purchase. While I don’t have any intention of doing so, and this is a very similar policy that Hero Forge has with their custom figures, I would suggest that this is an impossible thing for both companies to control and would have the potential to drive folks interested in monetizing the production of terrain and figures to open source or simply ignoring the policy.

I am a designer, maker and artist and understand the need to protect the hard work that goes into things like this. One option, could be to provide a “commercial license” option for those interested in being a provider of these printed tiles or figures. Not sure what that might look like but it never hurts to get more people using your product. If I bought a set on Etsy…. loved them… decided to invest in a printer and became a customer of Printable Scenery, there’s some potential opportunity there.

If major brands can’t police bootlegs… a smaller organization simply cannot afford it. The question is, is there a way to facilitate this so folks who do want to play by the rules can do so to the benefit of all.

Sorry for the off-topic but this does mean it’s very hard to try Rampage tiles if nobody can sell you a few.

©2024 Printable Scenery. Website by Vienna & Bailey