Printer Setting for the Prusa i3 Mk2
I have outlined my settings for Cura. You can apply this information to other slicers. I have only commented on the settings that I’ve changed from the default settings.
Download link to my setting file for Cura Version 1.15 INI FILE Set for PLA
- Layer height: Most of our models are printed at .2 layer height. Some of the smaller more detailed parts are printed at .1
- Shell Thickness: .8 is a good shell thickness (this must be a multiple of the nozzle size)
- Fill Density: I use 10% for most models. If the model has thin parts that require strength like the door frames, then set it to 25%. Make sure you set the ‘prints after infill’ to ON. Otherwise, you will see banding on your model.
- Bottom/Top Thickness: increase this to at least .8 as this makes sure you have a good solid top and bottom on your model.
- Temp: Temperature set for PLA
- Build Plate: Build plate temperature is increased slightly to help bed adhesion, but this depends on the ambient temperature of the room
- Supports: I always use a brim as it’s a good chance to see if the Z is at a good height when the print begins. It also helps with adhesion. I sometimes use a raft for delicate tall objects.
- Initial Layer linewidth: set to 100%. Important for parts that connect to other parts, like the OpenLOCK clips
- Initial Layer Thickness: this can be set higher when printing at a fine detail like .1. I often set this to .2