Forum Replies Created
Great look for those models!
That makes me a very happy geek 🙂 I can’t wait to see the next Kickstarter, DEAD was my first but definitely not my last of your campaigns.
After playing with my completed castle today for the first time, I realized another piece that is needed. The corner needs to be inverted to go the opposite way too. So instead of 5 spikes on the outside, maybe 3 on the inside of the curve.
I wish I could be of more assistance, but I really am not sure.
Now if we just get Ruined Doom Ramparts as part of the next KS I can make it even more thematic…
<insert minor begging here>
I got my castle completed! Took it to my FLGS today and had an opponent try and storm the castle. Gave the gate 10 wounds, towers 20, wall sections 15. It worked great and we had a blast.
All of my terrain has been done on it. The biggest piece of advice I can give for it is to do the sheet of paper alignment when the extruder and heat bed are cold, it seems to factor in expansion due to heat automatically.
Most of mine has been print in .2mm layer height, 10% Cubic Subdivision infill. I’ve had some bad luck with horns or teeth on buildings breaking, but that’s only due to a fall off of a table landing in the worst possible way.
Oh don’t I know it, I’ve lost a few brushes to it over the years. I’m down to working on ten pieces, then my castle is complete!
Fairly closely, just using cheap acrylic hobby paints instead of paints for miniatures. It’s an effective paint scheme and I liked it. I’ve gone through like 3 pots of Typhus Corrosion by now.
I need a bigger workbench. Turning the top 180 degrees did resolve, I’ve printed three now.
I rotated it 180 degrees like I did the only other successful time it printed and it seemed to correct it (weird, I know). No raft and it’s on layer 3.
I have 5 more tower level 1 prints and the right door to the gate printed, just waiting for the other parts to put it all together. On this spool I have 1 top (hopefully), 4 level 2’s, and a straight wall. Turning the tower top 180 degrees seems to have corrected it, It’s on at least the third layer now.
Set out what I have printed up for Doom Ramparts so far to see how much table space it’s going to take up. 28″ on each side by my calculations.
Not meaning to sound rude, I’m still relatively new to 3D printing, but how would that help in this case? I thought a raft would be best used when the print isn’t sticking to the bed. I have had zero adhesion problems with all of these prints, they are stopping at a certain predictable point of the mesh. Plus wouldn’t getting a raft off of a piece that size be very difficult?
This is the only file that has ever given me any grief like this, and I’m at 8 failed prints now with it. I lost power during the last print (not included in failed print numbers) but when I just restarted in 3.6 it died at the same place by the alignment hole. I’m just wasting filament at this point.
1.2 works fine in Cura 3.6.
v1.2 is having an issue still with Cura 4, only now it’s at the corner of the peg hole by where it had an issue before.
Rotated 180 degrees and using Cura 3.6.0 and it made it to the second layer at least. This is progress.
Redownloaded, having a problem at the same place still with it. Fortunately I have some time before I need to get the tops printed out, I still need 5 more towers, 3 straight walls, and a gate.