This is a beautiful model ship for 28mm gaming.
The Frigate comes in 2 main file packs and an option pack (See below)
The option pack includes a solid version of the ship so you can scale down to 10mm
This is the most complex model we have in our range. You need to be able to look at the parts of this model and decide if your printer will need supports.
- 5.1 Small interior deck piece ‘Printable-Ship-deck-back-A-v4’ has been scaled to match.
- 5.2 Fixed scaling on deck
- 5.3 Deck piece Ship-deck-back-B-v2 now in both folders
Right-click and download the reference sheet below.
NOTE: This model is suitable for those who have some 3D printing experience. If you are new to 3D Printing you should print some of our other models first. Print with 20% infill at .2 micron
There are 3 options. These are located in 3 separate folders within the zip file.
- Large parts. This requires a 145 high and 120 wide print area
- Small parts. These are to be printed on a 100mm print bed
- Solid option. This will print as a solid object and requires supports touching build plate
- Ship-Big-Deck-middle.stl is 200mm wide so you can print the small options printable-ship-deck-middle-A, B, C, D instead
- Please ask questions. email@example.com if you get stuck and I will also update these notes.
- The small solid option is simple to print and prints as a standalone model.
- The deck sections are curved and will need supports
- Most of his model will print without supports. (The bow section and some of the ‘options’ are the only parts that require (Supports Touching Build plate)
- I recommend you check each piece and look to see if you need supports, this often depends on your printer settings. A slow print speed will cause stringing and will need supports. The decks needs supports but the underside is not visible when its assembled so the support material remains cant be seen. Also under the bow needs supports if you print at a slow speed.
.2mm For Large parts and .1mm for small parts
Requires supports on some files
Dimensions and weights are available in the image gallery